I am an AASECT Supervisor in Training for those seeking to become a Certified Sex Therapist
If you are interested in contracting with me to offer the supervision you will need to become certified here is some pertinent information:
$100 for 1 hour of individual supervision
$150 for 1 session of group supervision (2-4 hours depending on how many supervisees are in the group)
AASECT Requirements for Sex Therapist Certification can be found at AASECT.org
An overview of some of the requirement details dealing directly with the supervision process:
- 300 hours of AASECT supervised clinical treatment of patients/clients who present with sexual concerns.
- 50 hours of supervision with an AASECT Certified Supervisor of Sex Therapy.
- Supervision can take place in either an individual or group context. Group supervision can account for no more than 50% of the total supervision hours.
- Group supervision can include up to 4 supervisees. The length of the group session should match the amount of supervisees attending the group. If two supervisees attend a session, it should last two hours and both supervisees get credited with two supervision hours for the rate of $150. Three supervisees would get three hours of supervision, etc.
- Supervision must occur over a period of no less than 18 months to twenty-four 24 months. Total hours per month may not exceed six 6 hours.
You will also need to send me the following in pdf format:
1. Copy of your vita with contact information.
2. Proof of membership in AASECT.
3. Copy of your state license to practice, if you have one. If not send it in when you receive it. You must be licensed prior to being certified. You may start training prior to licensure.
4. Copy of your malpractice face sheet with the current year's date.
As soon as the application is submitted and approved, you can begin to count your hours towards accreditation.