I am an AASECT Supervisor for those seeking to become a Certified Sex Therapist
If you are interested in contracting with me to offer the supervision you will need to become certified here is some pertinent information:
$150 for 1 hour of individual supervision
AASECT Requirements for Sex Therapist Certification can be found at AASECT.org
An overview of some of the requirement details dealing directly with the supervision process:
- 300 hours of AASECT supervised clinical treatment of patients/clients who present with sexual concerns.
- 50 hours of supervision with an AASECT Certified Supervisor of Sex Therapy.
- Supervision can take place in either an individual or group context. Group supervision can account for no more than 50% of the total supervision hours.
- Group supervision must provide the equivalent of 30 minutes per individual in the group. Therefore a group with two (2) individuals can be no shorter than one (1) hour. A group with three (3) individuals can be no shorter than 90 minutes. And a group with four (4) individuals can be no shorter than two (2) hours. The maximum group supervision length for one (1) supervisor with four (4) supervisees is four (4) hours.
- Supervision must occur over a period of no less than 18 months. Total hours per month may not exceed six 6 hours.
You will also need to send me the following in pdf format:
1. Copy of your vita with contact information.
2. Proof of membership in AASECT.
3. Copy of your state license to practice, if you have one. If not send it in when you receive it. You must be licensed prior to being certified. You may start training prior to licensure.
4. Copy of your malpractice face sheet with the current year's date.
As soon as the contract is submitted with supporting paperwork, you can begin to count your hours towards accreditation.
Interested in becoming a Sex Therapist?
I am an instructor at
The Buehler Institute offers
Continuing Education courses for